Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈskɜːmɪʃ/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈskɝmɪʃ/
- Hyphenation: skir‧mish
skirmish (plural skirmishes)
- (military) A brief battle between small groups, usually part of a longer or larger battle or war.
- (figuratively, by extension) Any minor dispute.
- Three people were arrested after a skirmish in a bar.
- A type of outdoor military style game using paintball or similar weapons.
brief battle between small groups