Jump to navigation Jump to search
seatbox (plural seatboxes)
- a box on which a person can sit, for example in a steam locomotive.
- 1959, David P. Morgan, editor, Steam's Finest Hour, Kalmbach Publishing Co., page 6:
- Purchased by Northern Pacific and renumbered 2626, Four Aces survived until diesels and long after roller bearings on all axles were considered as necessary on a steam locomotive as the engineer's seatbox.
- 2012, "Texas Terror" by Bradford Scott, Simon and Schuster →ISBN 
- On his seatbox in the rocking locomotive cab, the engineer tooled his steel monster with expert skill, braking on the curves, dropping the reverse bar down the quadrant and widening the throttle on the grades, …