Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The holding of an unjustifiably high opinion of oneself or one's actions.
- 2007, Willis Goth Regier, In Praise of Flattery:
- When self-flattery is turned up high it gets your adrenaline pumping, it rivets your attention.
- 2010, Albrecht Classen, Friendship in the Middle Ages and Early Modern Age:
- Causing blindness to one's own faults, self-love ultimately generates self-flattery, according to Plutarch's discussion.
- 2016, Boyd Bailey, Two Minutes in the Bible Through Psalms:
- Self-flattery is foolish.