Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (informal, derogatory) The tendency of a well-received work to spawn many inferior sequels.
- 1996, Peter Travers, The Rolling stone film reader:
- For an exhilarating period, until spectacle and sequelitis restored formula to the throne, experimentation became big box-office.
- 2000, Derek Elley, Variety Portable Movie Guide
- Suffering a bad case of sequelitis, this Sister Act follow-up is too formulaic and frequently pauses to sermonize at the expense of entertaining.