Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
shalloon (plural shalloons)
- A fabric of tightly woven wool, mainly used for the linings of articles of clothing.
- (historical) A band for tying the tail of a wig, made of such material.
- A material used as liner in artillery rounds between the casing and propellant or bursting charge. Also used as tying for silk bags containing the propellant charge in larger guns.
- Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd ed., 1989.
- Random House Webster's Unabridged Electronic Dictionary, 1987-1996.