Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -aɪnɪŋ
lining (plural linings)
- A covering for the inside surface of something.
- 1992, Rudolf M. Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, page 7
- The lobule margins, furthermore, are arched away from the lobe, with the consequence that (when fully inflated) the abaxial leaf surface forms the interior lining of the lobule.
- The material used for such a covering.
- The act of attaching such a covering.
covering for the inside of something
material used for inside covering
act of attaching an inside covering
- present participle of