Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) That which covers or conceals; a cover; something spread or laid over or wrapped about another.
- 2020 May 20, Richard Clinnick, “Network News: More trains... but advice is not to use public transport”, in Rail, page 6:
- Face covering is also mentioned: "There are some circumstances when wearing a face covering may be marginally beneficial as a precautionary measure. The evidence suggests that wearing a face covering does not protect you, but it may protect others if you are infected but have not yet developed symptoms. [...] If you can, wear a face covering if you need to use public transport."
- (uncountable) Action of the verb to cover.
- (topology) A continuous map onto a topological space , , such that there exists a discrete space and for every an open neighborhood , such that and is a homeomorphism for every .
that which covers something