Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Shambo
- A style of music made by the Ovambo people of Namibia, influenced by reggae.
- 2006, Simon Broughton, The Rough Guide to World Music: Africa & Middle East, page 278:
- Ngatu also composes his own shambo songs on the album Biggest Gift, and he brings his own mixed musical traditions into his work.
- 2011, Anene Ejikeme, Culture and Customs of Namibia, page 147:
- Other musical forms include kwasa kwasa (a kind of rumba), kwiku, ndombolo, oviritje, Damara panchi, and shambo.
- 2018 October 12, Michael Kayunde, “Pushing Urban Shambo”, in The Namibian:
- They describe their sound as a fuse of Afro-pop, hip-hop, house music and ragga dancehall. “Because of our cultural inclination, we incorporate shambo elements in our music to spice things up,” says Khasi.