- present participle of shoe
shoeing (plural shoeings)
- The act of fitting an animal with horseshoes.
- (slang) A thrashing.
2010, Ronan O'Gara, Ronan O'Gara: My Autobiography, ISBN 1409081494, page 85:
- Rags was on the wrong side of a ruck in a training exercise and Woody gave him a shoeing, just as you would to one of the opposition in a match situation.
2013, James Dixon, The 3CW Encyclopedia, ISBN 1291394656, page 147:
- They jump the two babyface performers and give them a shoeing, only to get cleared out of the ring in double quick time.
2015, Andrew O'Hagan, The Illuminations, ISBN 9780571273676, page 39:
- And he gave the IRA a right shoeing as well.