Jump to navigation Jump to search
thrashing (plural thrashings)
- Action of the verb to thrash.
- the thrashings of a fish on a hook
- A beating, especially a severe one.
- (slang) A heavy defeat.
- #* 6 September 2013, Daniel Taylor, “Danny Welbeck leads England's rout of Moldova but hit by Ukraine ban”, in The Guardian:
- Now Hodgson just has to work out a makeshift forward line against a Ukraine team who warmed up for Tuesday by doling out the obligatory thrashing to San Marino, knocking in four goals by half-time and another five in the second half.
- (computing) Excessive paging within virtual storage.
- (dance) Slam dancing.
- (colloquial) Threshing. (of cereal crop, etc)
a beating, especially a severe one