Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The action by which someone or something is beaten.
- the beating of a drum
- secret beatings of prisoners
- 2018 October 17, Drachinifel, 14:13 from the start, in Last Ride of the High Seas Fleet - Battle of Texel 1918, archived from the original on 4 August 2022:
- The fight is not all one-sided. Lion is taking a savage beating as the two flagships trade body blows almost independent of the furious carronade going on behind them.
- A heavy defeat or setback.
- 2011 October 23, Phil McNulty, “Man Utd 1 - 6 Man City”, in BBC Sport:
- To increase United's pain, this was their first home defeat in any competition since April 2010, when they lost to Chelsea - but even that defeat, which effectively cost them the title, may not turn out to have the same long-term significance as this heavy beating.
- The pulsation of the heart.
action of the verb to beat
a heavy defeat or setback
the pulsation of the heart
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.