Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Skeeter
Respelling of a lax pronunciation of the final syllables of mosquito.
skeeter (plural skeeters)
mosquito — see mosquito
- Synonym of
- 1975, Frank Trippett, Child Ellen, page 342:
- They skeetered out and then made an elegant racing turn and skeetered directly into her.
- 2010, Michael D. Langan, When I Was a Boy, →ISBN, page 25:
- The iceman skeetered here and there, with his brown gabardine trousers dripping over his work shoes and drooping from his hip-less waist.
- 2011, Michael Asher, Sands of Death: An Epic Tale Of Massacre And Survival In The Sahara, →ISBN:
- Bullets skeetered across the rocks, snapping off fragments in deadly shrapnel bursts, gouging furrows in the serir around the advancing men.
- 2018, Rosie Walsh, The Man Who Didn't Call:
- A twilight fox skeetered across the car park.