Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (of writing) Capable of, or (especially) optimized for, being skimmed (read through quickly).
- Nearly all documentation of business processes should be skimmable, with the summaries clearly differentiated from the detailed expositions.
- (of writing) Worthy only of being skimmed rather than closely read; that is, not worthy of close reading.
- 2008 May 19, Janet Maslin, “Fore! A Writer Tees Off and a Turtle Is Airborne”, in New York Times:
- Though it’s a short book, “The Downhill Lie” becomes skimmable at such moments.