Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
skinflint (plural skinflints)
- one who is excessively stingy or cautious with money; a tightwad; a miser
- That skinflint would reuse dental floss if he thought it would save money.
- 1842, Gogol, Dead Souls, chapter 4
- You know, he is quite a different sort from the Public Prosecutor and our other provincial skinflints--fellows who shiver in their shoes before they will spend a single kopeck.
- See also Wikisaurus:miser
one who is excessively stingy or cautious with money