Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To include (e.g. a certain word or phrase) into a sentence discreetly
- (transitive) To enter discreetly
- (soccer, transitive) To play a subtle pass into someone in a goalscoring position.
- 2018 September 7, Tom English, “Scotland 0-4 Belgium”, in BBC Sport:
- A minute into the second half, Hazard blasted the second goal right over Gordon's head and into his net. Soon after, Charlie Mulgrew's aimless ball out of defence fell to Dembele, who gave it to Hazard. The attacker slipped in Batshuayi in for the third.