Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (intransitive) To make a whimpering or sniffing sound when breathing, because of a runny nose.
- Sonia sniffled a little, and her eyes were puffy and wet.
- (transitive) To utter with a whimpering or sniffing sound.
- He sniffled a pathetic apology.
to make a whimpring sound when breathing
sniffle (plural sniffles)
- The act, or the sound of sniffling; the condition of having a runny or wet nose, as from a cold or allergies.
- I sometimes have a sniffle during allergy season.
act or sound