Jump to navigation Jump to search
whimper (plural whimpers)
a low intermittent sob
- To cry or sob softly and intermittently.
- The lonely puppy began to whimper as soon as we left the room.
- To cry with a low, whining, broken voice; to whine; to complain.
- Was there ever yet preacher but there were gainsayers that spurned, that winced, that whimpered against him?
- To say something in a whimpering manner.
- "Master, please don't punish me!" he whimpered.
- See also Thesaurus:weep
to cry or sob softly and intermittently