Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A form of homesickness one gets when one is still at home, but the environment is changed.
- 2010, Albert Bates, The Biochar Solution: Carbon Farming and Climate Change, New Society Publishers, →ISBN:
- There are many people writing and talking about extinction now, and about solastalgia, the psychic or existential distress caused by environmental change. Artists, musicians, dancers, and screenwriters are wringing profound solastalgia from the recesses of our collective subconscious and spinning its trajectory out into the light where we can get a better sense of it.
- 2015, Fiona Farrell, The Villa at the Edge of the Empire, →ISBN, page 342:
- Part of what I feel in this city is solastalgia, not so much for buildings as for the routines I established around those buildings: the walk to visit friends in the CBD, the stroll to the cinema.
form of homesickness