Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Solidarity
- (countable) A bond of unity or agreement between individuals, united around a common goal or against a common enemy, such as the unifying principle that defines the labor movement; mutual support within a group.
- A long time union member himself, Phil showed solidarity with the picketing grocery store workers by shopping at a competing, unionized store.
- (uncountable) Willingness to give psychological and/or material support when another person is in a difficult position or needs affection.
- Only the solidarity provided by her siblings allowed Margaret to cope with her mother's harrowing death.
unifying bond between individuals with common goal or enemy
psychological or material support
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked