Jump to navigation Jump to search
somatic (not comparable)
- Part of, or relating to the body of an organism.
- 2011, Patrick Spedding; James Lambert, “Fanny Hill, Lord Fanny, and the Myth of Metonymy”, in Studies in Philology, volume 108, number 1, page 116:
- The somatic and botanical metaphors in this passage were commonplace in the 1700s.
- Pertaining, and restricted, to an individual; not inheritable.
- a somatic epitype
- Of or relating to the wall of the body; somatopleuric; parietal.
- the somatic stalk of the yolk sac of an embryo
relating to the body of an organism