Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Spiffy
spiffy (comparative spiffier, superlative spiffiest)
- (informal) Dapper; fine or neat, especially in style of clothing or other appearance.
- 26 August 1906, Newport News in London, “The New York Times”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name), page 9:
- The charming twins came last week, and you should see their clothes. ‘Spiffy’ is the word.
dapper, fine or neat
spiffy (plural spiffies)
- Random House Webster's Unabridged Electronic Dictionary, 1987-1996.
- English terms suffixed with -y
- English 2-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- Rhymes:English/ɪfi/2 syllables
- English lemmas
- English adjectives
- English informal terms
- English terms with quotations
- English nouns
- English countable nouns