Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈspʌd͡ʒɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈspʌd͡ʒə/
- Rhymes: -ʌdʒə(ɹ)
spudger (plural spudgers)
- (telecommunications) A hand tool used to work on punch-down blocks without shorting terminals. It has a hook on one end and a notched blade on the other.
- a computer technician’s tool used as a prybar and probe for plastic parts.
- an electronics tool made of nylon filled with glass, for holding components while soldering.
- “Place the upper casing on edge and use a spudger to push the keyboard away from the casing, poking the spudger through the holes where the screws were.”