statement of intent
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (law) A formal statement that the author has a serious intention of doing something under specified conditions, and at a specified time
- (informal) An indication of what a person or persons is likely to do in the near future
- 2012 April 21, Jonathan Jurejko, “Newcastle 3-0 Stoke”, in BBC Sport:
- The top six are assured of continental competition and after making a statement of intent against Stoke, it would take a dramatic collapse for Newcastle to surrender their place.
- (legal): letter of intent