Jump to navigation Jump to search
statesider (plural statesiders)
- (demonym, colloquial) A continental (US) American; a United States mainlander.
- 1948 July 1, Alaska Life: The Territorial Magazine, volume 11, page 7:
- Besides being a young lady of only eight, she is a statesider […]
- 1985, Nessa Wolfson, Joan Manes, Language of Inequality, page 17:
- Perhaps the largest group of outsides is those from the United States, often referred to as statesiders. Statesiders come to Guam as part of the military, as teachers, as business people, lawyers or other professional or technical occupations, and as missionaries.