Jump to navigation Jump to search
stationhouse (plural stationhouses)
- (US) A structure or other area set aside for storage of fire-extinguishing equipment.
- (US) The headquarters of a police force or unit for a specific district; a police station.
- 2007 January 24, Jesse Mckinley, “8 Arrested in 1971 Killing of San Francisco Police Officer”, in New York Times:
- The arrests, in morning raids in California, Florida and New York capped an investigation by San Francisco police into the murder of Sgt. John V. Young, who was killed by a shotgun at a desk in the Ingleside stationhouse on Aug. 29, 1971.
- A building serving as shelter at a railway station.