Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Resembling or characteristic of a statue. [from 18th c.]
- 1863, Sheridan Le Fanu, The House by the Churchyard:
- He was by no means a bad hero to look at, if such a thing were needed. His face was pale, melancholy, statuesque—and his large enthusiastic eyes, suggested a story and a secret—perhaps a horror.
- (of a woman) Elegantly tall, graceful, and attractive. [from 19th c.]
- Christy Turlington is a statuesque supermodel famous for her fashion ads.
Like a statue