storm in a tea-kettle
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Alternative form of : synonym of
- 1887, Henry Theophilus Finck, Romantic Love and Personal Beauty 
- But this momentary ebullition of feeling is but a storm in a tea-kettle compared to the ferocity of a jealous lover seeking to devour his rival.
- 1908, The Parliamentary Debates 
- Altogether this was rather a storm in a tea-kettle.
- 1992, Linda Goodman, Linda Goodman's Love Signs 
- The Pisces ability to shrug complacently when things go wrong, refuse to make mountains out of molehills, stir up a storm in a teakettle, or cut down a beanstalk for no reason...leaving poor Jack to fall to the ground with a thud...is such a lovely thing.
- 1999, Izaak Mansk, Emil Brut 
- So, I feel sure, and Mr. Willoughby also, that what we have now is a “storm in a tea-kettle”, so he called it today on the telephone to me, and he is the specialist, the famous nephrologist, who knows intimately Mr. Hartman’s case.
- 1887, Henry Theophilus Finck, Romantic Love and Personal Beauty