Jump to navigation Jump to search
stratigrapher (plural stratigraphers)
- An expert in stratigraphy.
- 1998 March 13, Justin Wang, “PALEONTOLOGY: Scientists Flock to Explore China's 'Site of the Century'”, in Science, volume 279, number 5357, DOI:10.1126/science.279.5357.1626, pages 1626-1627:
- The barren hills south of Beipiao, swept by an icy wind from Mongolia, stand in stark contrast to the ancient environment, which stratigrapher Hao Zhaolin of the Beipiao Bureau of Mineral Resources Administration describes as "a shallow, warm lake whose waters teemed with shoals of fish," with flocks of birds overhead.
- 2001 January 12, Xiong Lei, “PARTNERS: Fruitful Collaborations Follow a Two-Way Street”, in Science, volume 291, number 5502, DOI:10.1126/science.291.5502.241:
- A senior stratigrapher at the Nanjing Institute of Geology and Paleontology (NIGP), Jin spent up to 6 months before each trip meeting such bureaucratic requirements as advance approval for every piece of correspondence.
- stratigraphist (dated)
study of rock layers