Jump to navigation Jump to search
streel (plural streels)
- A disreputable woman, a slut.
- 1922, James Joyce, Ulysses:
- Cissy came up along the strand with the two twins and their ball with her hat anyhow on her to one side after her run and she did look a streel tugging the two kids along with the flimsy blouse she bought only a fortnight before like a rag on her back and bit of her petticoat hanging like a caricature.
- (colloquial) To trail along; to saunter or be drawn along, carelessly, swaying in a kind of zigzag motion.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Thackeray to this entry?)