Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Britain, Australia, New Zealand) A mild oath expressing surprise or generally adding emphasis.
- 1957, Greta X (Angela Pearson), 'The Whipping-Post', page 109:
- “Strewth! Here she is,” said the salesman.
- 1971 July 1, Michael O’Donnell, Take to the hills, New Scientist, page 41,
- “Strewth,” he whistled. “I reckon that’s a complicated fracture of the right tibia.”
- 2007, Marilys Edwards, Keep The Home Fires Burning, AuthorHouse, page 187,
- He smiles and is going to say something encouraging. Strewth! Why doesn’t he duck? His head’s above the parapet. He’s in the line of fire. Silly BUGGER! “CRACK!”