- (manner) In a striking way.
- He entered strikingly, taking over the stage.
- (degree) To a remarkable degree or extent.
- He was strikingly deficient in good sense.
- 1992, Rudolf M. Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, page 3
- Patterns of evolution in the two families, however, are strikingly different.
- 1900, Charles W. Chesnutt, The House Behind the Cedars, Chapter I,
- Warwick's first glance had revealed the fact that the young woman was strikingly handsome, with a stately beauty seldom encountered.
- (evaluative) Remarkably, surprisingly.
- Strikingly, he had bowed deeply to the Emperor.
in a striking manner
to a remarkable degree