substantive + -ize
substantivize (third-person singular simple present substantivizes, present participle substantivizing, simple past and past participle substantivized)
- American spelling and Oxford British English standard spelling of substantivise.
(converting into or using as another part of speech:)
- adjectivize/adjectivise, adjective, adjectify
- adverbialize/adverbialise, (rare) adverb, (rare) adverbify, adverbize
- nominalize/nominalise, substantivize/substantivise, noun, (rare) nounify, (very rare) substantive
- verbalize/verbalise, (colloquial) verb, verbify