Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (trading card games, originally and chiefly Magic: The Gathering) The inability of a creature to attack or use certain abilities during the turn when it comes into play.
- Synonym: jet lag (rare)
- 1995, Charles Wolfe, Deep Magic: Advanced Strategies for Experienced Players of Magic: The Gathering, page 44:
- Many times creatures with summoning sickness will not get an opportunity to be used before they are destroyed.
- 1997, George H. Baxter, Baxter on Magic: A Guide to Proper Playing Techniques for Magic: The Gathering, page 22:
- The Factory may not be tapped to increase its own toughness if it suffers from summoning sickness.
- 2004, Mike Searle, Duel Masters: Sempai Legends: Prima Official Game Guide:
- Perhaps the niftiest card in Duel Masters: Sempai Legends, Diamond Cutter enables all blockers to attack and cancels the effects of summoning sickness