Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The quality or state of being sick or diseased; illness.
- Nausea; qualmishness; as, sickness of stomach.
- (linguistics) The analogical misuse of a rarer or marked grammatical case in the place of a more common or unmarked case.
- 1997, Michael B. Smith, “§ 4.7”, in Quirky Case in Icelandic:
- We can now return to the question of how we treat the phenomenon of dative sickness (the possibility of substituting dative in place of accusative on the experiencer nominal) in Icelandic.
the quality or state of being sick or diseased; illness; disease or malady
nausea; qualmishness; as, sickness of stomach
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked