Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
misuse (plural misuses)
- An incorrect, improper or unlawful use of something.
2012 June 4, Lewis Smith, “Queen's English Society says enuf is enough, innit?”, in the Guardian:
- The Queen may be celebrating her jubilee but the Queen's English Society, which has railed against the misuse and deterioration of the English language, is to fold.
incorrect, improper or unlawful use
- (transitive) To use (something) incorrectly.
- (transitive) To abuse or mistreat (something or someone).
- (obsolete, transitive) To abuse verbally, to insult.
to use something incorrectly