sunshine and rainbows
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (informal) Happy, positive things, sometimes with a connotation of unrealistic expectations.
- Synonyms: rainbows and unicorns, sunshine and lollipops, sweetness and light; see also Thesaurus:pleasure
- Antonym: doom and gloom
- 2011, Karen Kingsbury, Found, page 236:
- […] she saw those words these days, and it was easy to take them lightly, to think that God was saying life would be all sunshine and rainbows, good plans and easily answered prayers.
- 2011, Joe Quinn, Camille Thompson, College of William and Mary 2012: Off the Record:
- The students are of an astonishingly high quality, it's very hard to find an uninteresting professor, the campus is beautiful, the night life is fun and the campus community is overall really strong. That being said, it's not all sunshine and rainbows.
- 2013, Victor D. Franco, Unleashed:
- ELVA: You know, you think everything is lovely. You're a happy, optimistic uni-canary exploding with sunshine and rainbows—go tweet up another tree with that.
- 2021 February 3, Drachinifel, 14:49 from the start, in Guadalcanal Campaign - Santa Cruz (IJN 2 : 2 USN), archived from the original on 4 December 2022:
- It wasn't all sunshine and rainbows for the Japanese, though, although the first U.S. Navy strike force had... decidedly-mixed results; the Avengers in that group got lost and went after the cruiser Tone on their way back (missing), and the Wildcats got neatly peeled away by a single flight of Zeros, leaving the Dauntlesses wide open to another dozen Japanese fighters.