super- + human
superhuman (comparative more superhuman, superlative most superhuman)
- Beyond what is possible for a human being.
- 1912, Zane Grey, Riders of the Purple Sage, Chapter 15
- No doubt, Jane thought, the rider, in his almost superhuman power of foresight, saw behind the horizon the dark, lengthening shadows that were soon to crowd and gloom over him and her and little Fay.
beyond what is possible for a human being
superhuman (plural superhumans)
- A human being with remarkable abilities.
- A fictional human being with superpowers.