under one's wing
(Redirected from take under one's wing)
- (idiomatic) Under one's protection, sponsorship, or tutelage.
- He took the promising student under his wing.
- The promising student came under the professor's wing.
- He remained under the great man's wing after graduation.
- Now a professor himself he has young students under his wing.
- March 15 2012, Soctt Tobias, The Kid With A Bike [Review]
- By happy accident, Cyril runs into Samantha (Cécile de France), a single hairdresser who takes him under her wing—first to help him find his missing bike and father, and later, on weekends away from the group home.