Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɒɡɹəfi
- Divination with tea leaves or coffee grounds.
- 2008, Colette Baron-Reid, Messages From Spirit: The Extraordinary Power of Oracles, Omens, and Signs, page 145:
- Tasseography can be a very accurate means of seeing the patterns and choices playing out in your life.
- 2008, Sabrina Hill, Joni Russell, The Everything Baby Shower Book: Throw a Memorable Event for Mother-to-Be, page 125,
- Another activity option is tasseography—the art of reading tea leaves.
- 2011, Maureen Hancock, The Medium Next Door: Adventures of a Real-Life Ghost Whisperer, page 15:
- Although tasseography is commonly associated with Gypsy fortunetellers, the tradition of tea-leaf reading arose independently in Asia, the Middle East, and Ancient Greece. Modern tasseography has also been associated with the Scottish, Irish, and cultures of Eastern Europe.