Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (colloquial) enormous; of great size or impact
- a tearing great giant of a man
- (colloquial) very hasty
- a tearing hurry
- The act by which something is torn; a laceration.
- (computer graphics) Distortion of an animated display when the contents of the framebuffer are rendered while it contains portions of two or more frames.
- 2003, David P. Luebke, Level of detail for 3D graphics, page 303:
- Even in this case, tearing still results if the swap occurs in the middle of a refresh cycle.