Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (golf) To place a golf ball on a tee
- (soccer) To pass the ball to someone, facilitating a shot.
2010 December 28, Marc Vesty, “Stoke 0 - 2 Fulham”, in BBC:
- This time the defender was teed up by Andrew Johnson's short free-kick on the edge of the box and Baird hammered his low drive beyond Begovic's outstretched left arm and into the bottom corner, doubling his goal tally for the season and stunning the home crowd.
- (American football) To place the ball on a tee, ready for kickoff.
- (basketball) To give a coach or player a technical foul.