Jump to navigation Jump to search
From Middle Dutch te huus; equivalent to te + huis.
tehuis n (plural tehuizen, diminutive tehuisje n)
Whereas thuis refers to one's home as a place of residence, tehuis refers to an asylum or refuge where one may or may not feel at home.
- Dutch terms inherited from Middle Dutch
- Dutch terms derived from Middle Dutch
- Dutch compound terms
- Dutch terms with IPA pronunciation
- Dutch terms with audio links
- Rhymes:Dutch/œy̯s/2 syllables
- Dutch lemmas
- Dutch nouns
- Dutch nouns with plural in -en
- Dutch neuter nouns
- Dutch adverbs
- Dutch terms with archaic senses