Jump to navigation Jump to search
Suggested by German tendenziös.
- Having a tendency; written or spoken with a partisan, biased or prejudiced purpose, especially a controversial one.
- 2016 November 23, Karen Tumulty, “Trump backs away from some of his strident campaign promises”, in The Washington Post:
- President-elect Donald Trump abruptly abandoned some of his most tendentious campaign promises Tuesday, saying he does not plan to prosecute Hillary Clinton for her use of a private email system or the dealings of her family foundation, has an “open mind” about a climate-change accord from which he vowed to withdraw the United States and is no longer certain that torturing terrorism suspects is a good idea.
- Implicitly or explicitly slanted.
- As a supporter of the cause, his reports were tendentious in the extreme.