that's what I'm talking about
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Used to express enthusiastic support for the referent of that.
- 1954, Jean Kerr, King of hearts, page 32:
- Daisy Mae just says that the Fiendo-Monster wanted to be sure everybody could see his whole face so he shaved off his mustache.
[Larry] There! That's what I'm talking about. When he turns around he's going to look like me.
- 1968, James Baldwin, The Amen Corner, page 46:
- [Sister Moore] Is she been trying to serve the Lord? Or is she just wanted to put herself up over everybody else?
[Brother Boxer] Now, that's what I'm talking about. The Word say, You going to know a tree by it's fruit. And we ain't been seeing such good fruit from Sister Margaret.
- The term has become a catch phrase derived from its ordinary meaning in conversation.