Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -iːd
thneed (plural thneeds)
- A useless product which is advertised as being needed by everybody, but which in fact no one needs.
- 2000, David Kumar and Daryl Chubin, Science, Technology, and Society: A Sourcebook on Research and Practice, page 221:
- Do You Really, I Mean REALLY, Need a Thneed?
- 2004, Jonathan Lethem, The Fortress of Solitude, page 361:
- I needed orange juice, a toothbrush, a blood transfusion, a Bloody Mary, Abigale Ponders, Leslie Cunningham, a Thneed, someone to watch over me, a miracle every day—anything but a moment of truth between myself and Zelmo Swift.
- 2012, Shauna Springer, Marriage, for Equals: The Successful Joint (Ad)Ventures of Well-Educated Couples, page 12:
- Call now—the remarkable 'thneed' is available only while supplies last...”