Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /θɹɑmˈboʊsɪs/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /θɹɒmˈbəʊsɪs/
- Rhymes: -əʊsɪs
- Hyphenation: throm‧bo‧sis
thrombosis (plural thromboses)
- (pathology) The formation of thrombi in the blood vessels of a living organism, causing obstruction of the circulation.
- 2018, Sandeep Jauhar, Heart: a History, →ISBN, page 37:
- Blood-clotting platelets had surged like minnows to the site of injury, clumping together to form a thrombosis that blocked the artery, causing a heart attack and tissue death.
formation of thrombi, causing obstruction of circulation