Jump to navigation Jump to search
- unscrupulous behavior or illegal machinations.
- 1923, The Magazine of Wall Street and Business Analyst:
- Her thugduggery with the mark has not lessened the suspicion with which the world at large regards her.
- 1932, The New Yorker - Volume 8, page 52:
- "Dancers in the Dark," a temperate underworld concoction involves a shooting and some thugduggery but is mostly concerned with the noble and superior love of a “taxi dancer" (Miriam Hopkins) and a saxophone player.
- 2004, Ruth Plumly Thompson, Ojo in Oz:
- A fine example you are to a growing boy, with your lawless advice and thugduggery.