Jump to navigation Jump to search
tinkling (plural tinklings)
- A tinkle; a tinkling sound.
- 1959, Anthony Burgess, Beds in the East (The Malayan Trilogy), published 1972, page 591:
- The merry piano tinklings were gone.
- (Jamaican) The Greater Antillean Grackle, Quiscalus niger.
tinkling (not comparable)
- That tinkles.
- "A tinkling piano in the next apartment, / Those stumbling words that told you what my heart meant, / A fairground's painted swings... / These foolish things remind me of you.
- (obsolete) That works as a tinker