See also: trans guy
transguy (plural transguys)
- (informal) A transman.
2002, Raven Kaldera, Hermaphrodeities: The Transgender Spirituality Workbook, page 95:
- Queer couple, straight privilege! I think of him as a transguy-in my mind, a step above ordinary guys. For me, that's the absolute ideal, the best of both worlds.
- 2006, Tristan Taormino, Eileen Myles, Best Lesbian Erotica, page 305
- ViolyntFemme is a twenty-seven-year-old High Femme married to the Transguy of her dreams.
- 2006, Matt Bernstein Sycamore, Mattilda Bernstein Sycamore, Nobody Passes: Rejecting the Rules of Gender and Conformity, page 145:
- Once I was introduced to a transguy at a sex party, and the very first thing he did was complain bitterly to me about how a lesbian had just hit on him, mistaking him for a dyke.
2006, Cynthia L. Winfield, Gender Identity: The Ultimate Teen Guide, page 112:
- It was like I had to grow up all over again and learn how to live as a new person, as a transguy.
- 2007, Darren Langdridge, Meg Barker, Safe, Sane and Consensual: Contemporary Perspectives on Sadomasochism, page 178:
- Although I received a sufficient amount of responses from white people with a working-class background or limited economic resources, and my sample includes people between 20 and 60 years of age, people of color are underrepresented in my sample, which might also have to do with the fact that I'm white myself and that the more formal BDSM communities are dominated by white people, as the white, queer transguy Matt suggests in regard to the local women/trans and queer play parties.
- 2008, Kyle Crossett, "Something Else Entirely", in Anton Vanderzee, ed., Talking to Myself, page 54:
- Myself, El, and Jacob, a shy gay transguy who also hangs out with us after the workshop, sit in Costa Coffee and proceed do what seems to happen every time I meet new transpeople.
- 2009, Elijah Edelman, "The Power of Stealth", in Ellen Lewin, William L. Leap, eds., Out in Public: Reinventing Lesbian/Gay Anthropology in a Globalizing World, page 165:
- I just don't introduce myself as “Hi, I'm Craig the transguy.”
2010, S. Bear Bergman, Butch Is a Noun, page 67:
- Some FTMs feel disrespected when someone whose main commitment to gender change has been the purchase of a few neckties starts calling himself a transguy, as though their entire gender could really be summed up that way.
- 2013, in My Gender Workbook, Updated (ISBN 1136268162) by Kate Bornstein, page 146:
- I'm a transguy who can't wait to physically transition.