Jump to navigation Jump to search
travelogue (plural travelogues)
- A description of someone's travels, given in the form of narrative, public lecture, slide show or motion picture.
- 2012, R.K. Wilson, The Literary Travelogue: A Comparative Study with Special Relevance to Russian Literature from Fonvizin to Pushkin, Springer Science & Business Media, →ISBN:
- During this period, and especially in Russia, the travelogue becomes a hybrid genre comprising elements of poetry, prose, and the drama.
- 2016, Robert Byron, The Road to Oxiana: New edition linked and annotated, MarcoPolo, →ISBN:
- The Road to Oxiana is a travelogue by Robert Byron, first published in 1937. It is considered by many modern travel writers to be the first example of great travel writing.
description of someone's travels